Knoxville’s Best Choice for Bunion Surgery in Eastern Tennessee
CHOOSE THE BEST DOCTOR FOR BUNION TREATMENT IN KNOXVILLE
Painful lump at the base of your big toe that rubs against your shoes? You may have a bunion. Bunions are especially common in women, but anyone can develop bunions – even young people. Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics offers bunion treatments including bunion surgery to help you walk without pain so you can enjoy all the fun and adventure that East Tennessee has to offer.
SYMPTOMS OF BUNIONS
The most obvious symptom of a bunion is the telltale bulge on the outside of the joint where the big toe connects to the foot. Other symptoms of bunions include:
- Swelling and redness at the base of the big toe
- Soreness at the base of the big toe
- Callouses where the big toe and the second toe rub together
- Pain in the big toe
- Limited movement in the big toe
- Difficulty finding shoes that fit because of the bunion
NON-SURGICAL TREATMENTS FOR BUNIONS
When patients come to Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics with bunions, we nearly always suggest trying non-invasive bunion treatments first. Some of the non-invasive treatments for bunions we recommend include:
- Choosing better shoes – Comfortable, supportive shoes with a wide toe box allow space for the toes to move normally.
- Bunion pads – Over-the-counter bunion pads from a drugstore can provide a cushion between your bunions and your shoes, receiving pain.
- Cortisone injections – Cortisone injections can relieve the inflammation in your toe joint and relieve pain.
- Shoe inserts – Providing adequate support and cushioning for the feet can help prevent and relieve bunions.
If non-invasive bunion treatments don’t do enough to relieve your pain, bunions surgery may be the right choice. Depending on your unique anatomy, your Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics’ surgeon may choose some or all of the following surgical treatments for bunions. Some of these treatments can have you back on your feet pain-free rather quickly, but depending on the severity of your bunions and the surgical procedure, recovery may take longer.
- Removing damaged tissue around the joint of the big toe
- Removing part of the bone to straighten the big toe
- Realigning the bones in your forefoot to straighten out your big toe
- Fusing the bones of the toe joint together to keep them in the correct position
VISIT A KNOXVILLE FOOT SURGEON NEAR YOU
Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics offers orthopedic foot and ankle care at its many locations in and around Knoxville, so you’re never far from the expert orthopedic foot care you need. Wherever you are in East Tennessee, you’re always close to an orthopedic ankle specialist that can help you “get back on your feet” and back to the physical activities you love.
Our team of orthopedic foot surgeons are board-certified experts with expansive experience in their field. They’ve helped countless patients in Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Sevierville and Lenoir City walk with confidence, not pain. If you’re struggling with ongoing foot pain or lack of mobility as a result of arthritis, illness, or injury, our orthopedic foot surgeons can get you on the path to feeling like yourself again.
Our Foot And Ankle Surgeons
If you think you need an appointment with a foot and ankle surgeon, this article will help you learn more about what they do and how they can help you get rid of your pain.
Ankle arthritis is a very debilitating problem and it causes lots of disability. Dr. Reagan talks about ankle arthritis surgical treatment options.
Hi, I'm Dr. Michael Tompkins. I'm an orthopedic surgeon at TOC and I'm foot and ankle trained. So I have a lot of patients that come to my clinic with a lot of heel pain. Sometimes it's hard to...
The proper Myerson Wrap technique for bunion surgery patients.