Hip Arthritis Treatment
Knoxville’s Best Choice for Hip Arthritis Treatment in Eastern Tennessee
Hip Arthritis Treatment
Hip arthritis is the most common cause of hip pain. In people with hip arthritis, the cartilage in the hip joint is damaged, leading to pain, stiffness, and loss of range of motion. Though there are several types of hip arthritis, osteoarthritis is the most common type. Fortunately, there are a wealth of treatments for hip arthritis that can help you move more freely and with less pain.
HIP ARTHRITIS SYMPTOMS?
Regardless of the type of hip arthritis you’re struggling with, the symptoms are generally the same. Common symptoms of hip arthritis include:
- Pain in the hip that gets worse throughout the day
- Pain in the hip, groin, thigh, or buttocks
- Pain and difficulty walking
- Pain that increases with activity
- Stiffness in the hip joint that prevents full extension of the leg
TREATMENTS FOR HIP ARTHRITIS
Treatments for hip arthritis span the gamut from OTC pain relievers to total hip replacement surgery. Depending on the severity of your hip arthritis, your Tennessee Orthopeadic Clinics physician will recommend a hip arthritis treatment that is appropriate for the severity of your condition. Treatments for hip arthritis include:
- Anti-inflammatory medications – From OTC options like ibuprofen to prescription medications.
- Steroid injections – To cool the inflammation in your hip joint.
- Physical therapy – Physical therapy will help you build strength and flexibility in the hip and surrounding tissues, which helps to relieve pain in the joint.
- Surgery – Depending on the severity of the damage to your hip joint, you may be a good candidate for hip replacement or hip resurfacing surgery. These surgeries replace or cover the damaged parts of the hip joint to restore smooth, pain-free movement.
Schedule your appointment today
Schedule your appointment. The orthopedic specialists at Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics will be happy to discuss treatment options including hip arthritis treatment with you.
Our Hip Surgeons
There are numerous treatment options for hip disorders. Some can be treated with physical therapy alone, while others may require surgery. Our specialists at Tennessee Orthopedic Clinics consider...
There are few health conditions more painful and debilitating than osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis and affects millions of people in the United States and around...
I work as a nurse practitioner and so I see lots of people. We make lots of referrals to specialists and one of the patients I saw, said that he had picked Doctor Yau and so I thought, you know...
Spinal Fusion at Fort Sanders Regional Helps Patient Get Her Life Back After a busy morning of cleaning kitchen cabinets in her Washington County home, Jane Gambrell sits down to rest for just a...