Hip Pain Treatment
Knoxville’s Best Choice for Hip Pain Treatment in Eastern Tennessee
Ongoing pain in your hip that makes walking, sitting, and climbing stairs difficult? There are a lot of causes of hip pain, and just as many treatments to help you finally feel and move better.
What Causes Hip Pain?
The hip joint is the body’s largest ball-and-socket joint, and it takes a lot of strain over a lifetime of walking, running, jumping, dancing, and more. That wear and tear can cause hip pain in a variety of ways, all dependent on what part of the hip joint is damaged or inflamed.
Common Causes of Hip Pain Include:
- Arthritis – Arthritis is the most common cause of ongoing, chronic hip pain. Arthritis in the hip joint breaks down the cartilage that keeps the movement of the hip joint smooth, leading to pain and stiffness.
- Bursitis – Bursitis is inflammation of the liquid sacs called bursae that reduce friction in the hip joint. Bursitis is typically caused by overuse.
- Tendinitis – In tendinitis, the tendons that attach the muscles to the bones become inflamed. Like bursitis, tendinitis is usually caused by overuse.
- Hip fractures – Hairline hip fractures can cause pain without any other obvious symptoms of a break. Hairline hip fractures are most common in older adults.
- Muscle strain – Muscles around the hip joint can become strained or torn during overuse, leading to pain, loss of range of motion, and stiffness.
Treatment for Hip Pain
Treatment for your hip pain depends on the cause of the pain. From total hip replacement to stretches for hip pain and anti-inflammatory medications, there’s always something you can do to feel better. If you’re experiencing hip pain, don’t wait. Make your appointment with Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics today.