Fellowship Trained Surgeon
Daniel Benjamin Wells, M.D.
View Ratings & Comments
PA / NURSE PRACTITIONER
Drew Wells, PA
Visit any one of our convenient locations in East Tennessee to receive the orthopedic care you deserve and the treatment you expect.
Mercer University School of Medicine, Savannah, GA
BS, Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA cum laude
Study Abroad: Cortona, Italy Science Maymester: Human biochemistry and evolutionary genetics
Campbell Clinic , University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN
Adult and Pediatric Spine Surgery, University of Miami – Jackson Memorial Hospital Miami
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
North American Spine Society
North American Spine Society
- Wells DB, Holt AM, Smith R, Brolin TJ, Azar F, Throckmorton TW. Tobacco use predicts a more difficult episode of care after anatomic total shoulder arthroplasty. Accepted for publication in the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. Podium presentation at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, March 14-18, 2017. Podium presentation at the American Shoulder and Elbow Society (ASES) Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, October 6-9, 2016. Poster presentation at the Mid-America Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting (MAOA), Amelia Island, FL, April 19-23, 2017.
- Wells DB (Presenter), Bowman EN, Wodowski AJ, McCabe MP, Murphy RF, Cleveland KB. The effectiveness of combined thrombin-collagen and autologous platelet-rich plasma in total hip arthroplasty, a prospective, randomized controlled trial. Podium presentation at the Society of Military
- Orthopaedic Surgeons (SOMOS) Annual Meeting, Olympic Valley, CA, December 12-16, 2016. Poster presentation at the Clinical Orthopaedic Society (COS) Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, September 29 – October 1, 2016.
- Bowman EN, Wells DB, Acott T, Masri AE, Phillips BB. Medial quadriceps tendon – femoral ligament reconstruction for patellar instability: a technique description and short-term outcomes. Poster presentation at the Clinical Orthopaedic Society (COS) Annual Meeting, Indianapolis, IN, September 1416, 2017.
- Wells DB, Davidson AR, Murphy GA. Acute compartment syndrome of the foot: A review. Accepted for publication in Current Orthopaedic Practice.
- Wells DB, Franklin DB, Gardocki RJ. Tobacco use predicts a more difficult episode of care after anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. Submitted to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, March 6-10, 2018.
- Wells DB, Bowman EN, Acott T, Masri AE, Phillips BB. Combined ACL and ALL reconstructions in patients with a grade III pivot shift: Technique and short-term outcomes. Plan for submission in 2018.
- Wells DB, Gardocki RJ. Currently investigating outcomes of anterior discectomy and fusions performed by a single surgeon.
- Wells DB, Pacult M, McCartney D. Currently investigating posterior percutaneous leverage pinning in pediatric supracondylar humerus fractures.
- Franklin DB, Wells DB, Gardocki RJ. Currently investigating outcomes in patients following endoscopic lumbar discectomy.